Search This Blog

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Croods Review


Certainly a feel-good movie, The Croods tells the tale of a Cave Family and their struggle to survive the continental drift.
What I found most interesting about this animated film is the fact that, while there was a love interest, that was not the focus of the movie. For me that was a selling point. It is refreshing to see a story in which the main focus is a family connection, more specifically, between a father and daughter.
Another great selling point is the animal creations, from meat eating bird flock to a multipurpose sloth, each creature and plant is unique and original. I also have to add how cute I found all of the animals, except maybe the “Piranhakeets”. Those freaked me out.
The relationship between Grug and Eep is one that I think most of us can relate to. A protective father and a rebel teenage daughter is nothing new, but when you add a prehistoric set it definitely seems that way. Furthermore, the ideas of shoes and hugs that Guy and Grug come up with bring a dash of comedy to the movie that I found delightful.
The aerial shot of the environment are breath taking, particularly in the way they are so colourful and paradisiac.
This movie certainly left me wanting more, and I recommend it to anyone who has not yet watched it. If you like animated movies this is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here...